Wednesday, May 23, 2007

TKTS

An old youth group friend was visiting this week, and one thing he wanted to do was see a show. So we went to the TKTS booth in Times Square and stood in line, contemplating which shows we might want to see.

When we finally made it to the front, we found out that the Putnam County Spelling Bee only had 1 tickets let. As did Les Mis, Avenue Q...finally I just asked the guy if he had any shows that had 2 seats together, and he gave me 2 tickets to Altar Boyz.

Now, D and I had no idea what this would be about until we got there. It turned out to be a freaking hilarious spoof on Christianity. If you haven't grown up in a church or masses, you probably wouldn't find it funny, but...it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Not like insulting-spoof, but...just...funny.

I was very much entertained. Would recommend it. Though I still want to see Spelling Bee and Wicked. Haha.

No comments: