How do you know if someone hits on you?
I got to PT twice a week, which is at an NYSC. As I was leaving last week, one of the personal trainers came up to me. (Most of the trainers know who I am, vaguely as 'jump rope girl' or 'Taekwondo girl' because I'm at the gym a lot and frequently doing the crazy jump rope thing in the corner).
trainer: "Hey so you're the Taekwondo girl, right?"
me: "Um. Yeah, I guess so."
trainer: "I'm (insert name here). Have you ever tried boxing?"
me: "Yeah, but I'm not very good at it"
trainer: "Would you like to try a personal session in boxing?"
(Now I'm thinking - hello, I don't need a personal trainer. I AM a personal trainer. And we're expensive.)
me: "How much would it cost?"
trainer: "Oh, it's free"
(So I think, huh, offer the first one free and get people to sign up. A pretty sneaky marketing ploy. Sure.)
me: "Um...sure, why not"
trainer: "OK, can I get your number and I can call you to set up a session?"
(Eh? Why does he need my number? That's weird.)
me: "Uh, why don't you give me the number of the gym and I'll call and make an appt. Do you have a business card?"
(He fumbles around his pockets, finds a card and writes a number on it)
trainer: "That's my cell number"
(What do I need that for?)
me: "Well, what days do you give boxing lessons?"
trainer: "What days are you here?"
me: "I have PT Weds and Fri so I can come in Tue or Thu. How about Tue at 7am?"
Yeah so...I'm supposed to go boxing tomorrow. I'm told I got hit on and didn't realize it.
No comments:
Post a Comment