Wednesday, April 18, 2007

huh

On Wednesdays I have double-duty tutoring a pair of sisters. One is in 3rd grade and the other is in 1st grade. So the 6-year-old is a chatterbox and loves to talk. Usually she tells me about her day, things that happened at school, asks me about why my pencils are so cool (ie. mechanical pencils)...

So one day she's happily plugging away at subtraction and she suddenly stops and looks up, as though she has something really important to say.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No...do you?"

She giggles. "Nooooooo!"

I'm rather proud of myself for diffusing the tangent. What the heck...the little Jewish girl sounds like...every Korean I know.

And PS - the boxing guy was NOT cute because he was OLD. (Hence why I didn't think he was hitting on me in the first place). But it was a good lesson - an hour of sheer pain. Totally fun.

No comments: