The epitome of how I'm feeling:
It's hot and humid during the day, enough so that I'm sweaty and sticky just standing there. So I assume that flip flops, capris, and a polo shirt are not inappropriate. Not knowing that it's possible for the temperature to drop 20 degrees in the mere span of hours.
When I come out of TKD, it's raining. And windy. And cold.
So we hop in a diner to get dinner, and hoping to wait out the rain. By the time we leave - it's raining harder, and the wind is blowing sideways. It's COLD. Freaking fracking.
So I'm walking, pointing my umbrella forwards because the wind is blowing the rain straight at me - when my umbrella breaks. Not flips. Breaks. So at this point it's hopeless, and I toss it in the nearest trash can. I'm a few blocks from home, and swear I'm going to take a cab, but ADP won't let me and insists on walking home. (Easy for him to say, he had a half functioning umbrella). So now I'm just walking in the rain, getting soaked, cold - and then he leaves me at the corner instead of walking me home. Yeah those last 2 blocks sucked (my block is next to the river and consequently extra windy).
Note to self: always carry an umbrella and make sure it's sturdy - because if it breaks in a storm, you can't depend on anyone else to help you from getting poured on.
No comments:
Post a Comment