Monday, June 25, 2007

random weekend happenings

Best weekend in a long while:

Training - Awesome joint workout with WS/CWB/CT/BT - 40 people, all good with a ridiculous number of national champions and varying team members to boot, at my school kicking hard. It was like Christmas and my birthday together. Greatest 2.5 hours of adrenaline I've had in a long time. A couple of my 8 year old girls came to watch, and during the water break (while I was dying and dripping) they banged on the glass as I walked by and gave me big grins and thumbs-up signs. So cute.

NYC Ballet - blessed by the generosity of a friend and former private student who is of high employment at the ballet, had prime seats for the closing weekend's performance of "Jewels". Not my favorite

Sue: "Scottie's the perfect build for a ballet dancer. The competition for boys isn't as stiff, so I bet they'd still take him now, at 14."

Scott: "Well, they did have me with those sparkly costumes"

Richard: "Oh really? For me it was the tight pants"

Maybe you had to be there, I'm not doing the sarcasm justice.

Good food - nothing like having a dongseng in town with the excuse to spoil someone (and self) by eating out beyond my normal 4 places on the UWS. Rosa Mexicano - slightly pricey, but I like it. And I'm very particular about Mexican food. Then I tried to introduce him to Pinkberry, though by the time we walked all the way down there, it had just closed. Dangit! So in the spirit of the asian yogurt flavor, we decided to go out for yogurt soju. After all these years, he still jokes about having to turn to the side while drinking with me. Or maybe it was bc we were in a krn place - surrounded by drunk kids who were mostly likely not 21. And I mean krn like we say azn. Go home and study, kids!

Bags - me : backpacks is like most girls : purses. I love North Face the way most girls love Coach. (Or whatever the expensive bags of the season are). I went there looking for a particular bag, and now I have 3 options and I can't decide.

Mangoes - Beard Papa's Mango Smooth Ice. So good.

Sick - No idea what it is. But it is. (OK this is not contributing to the 'best weekend' category).

No comments: