dangit. Mia tagged me. And she's just too darn cute and it's her birthday (happy birthday mia!) so here goes...
the rules: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog. Remember copy and paste this so as to state the rules clearly.
1. I can't sit on the floor for more than 10 minutes. Something about the circulation in my legs or my muscles, but I get really uncomfortable sitting on the floor. I have to sit on a chair. Makes things super awkward in prayer meetings when they try to get everyone in the mood and tell us to get on our knees - for that split second I have to fight the peer pressure to want to fit in and...be the lame one still sitting in the chair.
2. I'm very ticklish. However, tickle me at your own risk, because I have no control over my limbs if tickled. When mcho was a freshman (and I was a junior), we were hanging out in mkenwort's room, and he had a lofted bed. I was attempting to take a nap, and she thought it would be really cute to tickle me. At first I sort of jumped, and growled "you don't want to do that". She laughed and thought I was joking. So I clarified "no I'm serious - I have no control of my limbs when I'm tickled - I'm REALLY ticklish!" She goes on giggling. And then she tickles my feet. Apparently at this point, my leg went flying (by aforementioned lack of control) and hit her in the forehead, knocking her backwards off the bed. She was fine, though the look on her face was utter shock in that moment of confusion before she wailed "bad un-nee!" Hey. I warned you, kid. (Shortly thereafter, mcho joined the Sport Taekwondo Club, and ended up being my protege and superstar. Clearly kicking people in the face is a great way to recruit.)
3. I have a tendency to scream/yelp when food falls. It all started freshman year, when my best friend Gina and I were eating fruit (specifically honeydew melons...mmm...) and a piece of melon fell off my fork. It's like I was seeing it in slow motion, falling onto the floor. So instinctively, I yelped. Gina found this to be hilarious. Over the next few years, she realized that this is a gut reaction for me - and she proceeded to rate everything relative to the "melon scream".
4. I cry at movies. But only if I'm watching them by myself. The spouts were dry at Schindler's List when I was with a group of friends, but put on Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants or Miracle by myself and the floodgates open. Clearly I have pride issues.
5. I have to wear my lucky pants on the day of competition. They're these blue Adidas pants from Korea that actually belong to Rich. I borrowed them once when I was over there late on a day I was wearing shorts and it got cold. I meant to wash them and give them back, but then I went to a tournament and accidentally packed them in my bag instead of my other blue Adidas pants. And I won. So I took them to the next tournament, and I won. And so on and so forth. They're a little too big, a little out of style, and they don't match any of the team jackets we get - but they're my lucky pants. They take the awesomeness from his legs to the pant legs to my legs and then I win. And since he stopped competing long ago...well someone should harness the talent that was never used.
6. I only watch movies and Korean dramas with happy endings. (And I only watch mini-series - if it's got more than 20 episodes, forget it). If I'm going to make that kind of emotional investment into characters...then the right ones better get married at the end, and people better not die. I really hate it when you get all attached to a character and they give him/her cancer. Or they get hit by a bus. Or both.
I tag you.
No comments:
Post a Comment