Part I: Insult
I got food poisoning this weekend. From my favorite restaurant, no less. Anyways, as a post-food-poisoning experiment, we decided to go eat some kfood. Parked the car at the meters...fed meters...actually no, broken meters. Anyways. Eat, come out - car is gone. GONE.
And I'm like "you know al, as romantic as it is to commemorate 6 weeks with a nostalgic trip to the IMPOUND where you convinced me that you're worth considering...this SUCKS"
Yeah, my car got towed again. EFF. (on a side note, i like the fact that he curses tastefully. more pastors ought to be real).
Thus began the 6 hour journey to get my car back. Including the nasty woman who insisted I couldn't take the car even though I had it insured under my name because the title hadn't been transferred yet. And a mad dash against the clock to get to Westchester and back to retreive the title that had been signed over to me.
$300 to get it back and pay for the ticket.
Wonderful.
Part II: Injury
So the next day, I'm driving and it's pouring rain. Fire trucks coming from behind, everyone pulls over. In the aftermath, it's mad crowded and I'm trying to squeeze past this bus when...CRUNCH.
That would be my passenger side mirror, now dangling off my car.
EFF.
And it's pouring. Luckily the wiring was encased in a sleeve so that was fine, but the housing was broken and I'd need to replace it. Thought about glueing it myself, but it didn't QUITE fit. Took it to the dealer to have it serviced, it was $200 to replace the mirror (which was perfectly fine but of course they couldn't just fix the plastic part, they had to order a whole stinking new mirror) - and $150 to install it (are you kidding me?? I could install that thing for cheaper. Rawr).
And while I was there, apparently my car needed some tuneups and other junk (transmission flush and fuel injection) because it'd passed 30k. Add another $400.
Wonderful.
Part III: And then some
I gave adodo a lift home yesterday, and he had some cleaning supplies to get the writing off my windows from when they towed my car. (Damn you impound). I was parked by his car (up in his neighborhood) and using his vacuum to clean the inside of my car (therefore i had the car on) when I realized the rear doors weren't open. Pushed the unlock button on the drivers door, closed it - and realized I had pushed the LOCK button.
So now my car is on, locked, the keys and my phone and everything are locked inside. Fabulous.
adodo doesn't have a data plan anymore, so I couldn't even call Geico. I had to call my cousins, who had to drive down with my spare key and bail me out. The car was fine, but my cousins think I'm the most irresponsible person on the face of the earth. (I got yelled at forever for cleaning my car in Washington Heights at 10.30pm). Though to be fair, that part of the Heights was pretty nice. Anyways.
Wonderful.
Part IV: And them some more
So this morning I spent 4 hours at the DMV trying to get the title transferred and new plates - I almost punched the lady in the face for giving me such attitude and being so difficult. Seriously, my insurance is up to date and the expiration date is in September. Who the eff cares that it was effective March? Did it REALLY do any good to make me go call Geico and have them fax me a new card that said effective today? And make me wait in that line again?
Maybe you don't have anything better to do, but some of us have jobs. Jobs that actually produce benefit to society, as opposed to not being helpful and moving as slow as molasses.
This car has cost me $1800 in the last 3 days.
I reiterate:
WONDERFUL.
No comments:
Post a Comment