So yesterday I was walking to tkd and when I arrived I realized that
my backpack was open - and that my wallet was missing. I panicked and
started backtracking my route to see if it had fallen out and sure
that any new yorker who found it would surely take it (some cynicism
after having my blackberry snatched out of my hand a couple years
ago).
I started running back and suddenly I get an email from will asking if
I lost my wallet and phone (hrmm didn't even notice my phone was
missing!). I thought it was really bizarre that will would be in the
neighborhood and happened to have come across my missing stuff!
Calling him from my bbry, I found out that some guy had found my
stuff, checked my license, and started calling people in my phonebook
to try and get my wallet back to me. He had finally gotten ahold of
will and arranged to meet him to hand it off (thanks will for being
willing to go get it!).
So I ran back to where the guy was and was so overwhelmed by his
honestly, and utter relief to get it back. Everything was intact and
he had even left messages with a couple other friends asking if they
could come and get my stuff.
It still floors me that this guy went so out of his way - and didn't
take nor want anything but my gratitude for his kindness. But it
reminded me to be thankful, not just bc I got my stuff back but bc
there are still good people out there.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment