Thursday, March 22, 2007

enough




















Make him Asian, slap some white pajamas on him, and throw some bruises everywhere. Why they decide to drug test people who are obviously devastated, I don't know. The last thing you want to do when you want to be alone is have some stranger follow you around to watch you pee in a cup. Yet another reason men have it so much easier than women - it's just physiologically so much more convenient.

Some may say it wasn't my fault. Or that I didn't have the resources to make it my absolute best. But enough is defined by whether the goal was achieved or not - and it wasn't enough.

A and I were flipping channels on Sat night and trying to decide between two movies: MI2 and Pay It Forward. He had seen both before, and I had seen neither. He didn't remember the endings, but figured I would like Pay It Forward, since MI2 is suspenseful. So we're watching, and halfway through he falls asleep, only to be woken by my indignance at the end [spoiler, sorry, but you probably weren't going to watch it anyways] that the main kid is stabbed unnecessarily and dies. I was seriously upset. And his argument to try and soothe me (albeit, he was half asleep already) was "it's OK, he doesn't die, you can watch him in other movies and see that he's older".

There's a reason I don't watch movies or dramas that don't have happy endings.

No comments: