Had the night off (surprisingly, for the first time in...forever). Workout went long because of the promotion test, but by the time I got home it was still light outside. I contemplated what to do with myself - finish off my essay, practice for chicki's wedding, pay some bills, take care of emails, wash my smelly gear...
In the end, it was a gorgeous night and I felt like being frivolous. I figure, I'm far too responsible and anal for my own good 99.9% of the time. May as well go out and do some thinking and "be unproductive" for fun. In the words of lakim back in college - have a *hot* date with self.
But even in my quest to do something frivolous - I ran into too many analytical processes. So in the end, I thought, what can I do that will make me feel like I'm not totally wasting my time (ie. overcome the activation energy to leave the apt) but not be tiring and draining 'work'?
The answer was obvious. Go to Niketown.
Some people treat themselves with a good meal. Well, I guess this is my good meal. On every floor, they have inspirational quotes from famous athletes. (I love quotes.) So I trekked down there and walked a complete tour of all 5 floors, soaking in the inspiration (and looking at the pretty dri-fit and cool ipod running stuff). My favorite:
when I played tag - I was never 'it'
Trying to get in the right mindset by rewatching the highlights tapes from the 2000 Olympics. (Thanks JAAC - yes, I still have it.) Pump, pump, pump it up.
"There's no such thing as winning the silver - there's only losing the gold."
No comments:
Post a Comment