as of january, progress on my new year's resolutions. goals need deliverables and checkpoints, and ... looking back, i was very unambitious at the beginning of the year. enough of that.
1) return to the state of fitness i was in before i broke my hand (aka "return of the claw")
THIS HAS BEEN SHOCKINGLY DISAPPOINTING. I'M ABOUT 15 POUNDS HEAVIER, AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY. SR IS REALLY PUSHING FOR ME TO SPAR AGAIN, THOUGH SOMETIMES I WORK OUT AND JUST THINK...THIS IS SO NOT WORTH IT. BUT I'M RIDICULOUSLY OUT OF SHAPE, TO THE POINT WHERE I THINK ABOUT GETTING BACK TO WORKING OUT EVERY DAY AND GET TIRED. IS THIS WHAT NORMAL PEOPLE THINK LIKE? (IS THAT WHY THE WORLD IS FAT AND LAZY?)
I NEED SOME NEW ATHLETIC GOALS ... MAYBE DODGEBALL WILL DO IT FOR ME. TOO BAD THIS UPCOMING SURGERY IS GOING TO PUT ME BACK ON THE BENCH FOR A BIT...
2) apply for (and if ambitious, take) my PE licensing exam
I'VE HAD NO MOTIVATION TO DO THIS IN THE LAST 3 MONTHS. BUT THE YEAR IS STILL YOUNG.
3) keep all of my electronic devices. in recent history, i've managed to lose or have stolen: 2 phones, 1 camera, 1 ipod, 1 blackberry. very bad track record.
I HAVEN'T LOST ANYTHING YET. SECRETLY PROUD.
4) finish my movie
MADE SOME ADDITIONS, BUT IT'S STILL ON HOLD. I THINK I HAVE TO RETHINK THE VISION AND STORYLINE BEFORE ADDING THE OTHER SEGMENTS. PLUS I'VE HAD NO TIME FOR IMOVIE LATELY...
5) substantially outline/write draft of my book
NO PROGRESS AS YET.
6) learn how to put on my own makeup
DID IT TWICE. APPARENTLY IT TURNED OUT OK. I'VE RESOLVED TO GO OUT MORE AND FORCE MYSELF TO SOCIALIZE. IT'S A GRAND EFFORT BUT...EH LIFE ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE EASY.
* * * * * * * * * *
New additions to the list:
7) learn how to play guitar
8) pick the violin and piano back up, especially while i'm living with the chongs. play gwinston's canon with some degree of fluidity.
9) prep and give the seminar series on inductive bible study
10) go on a blind date (fully anticipating this to be disastrous)
11) take a road trip
12) go on a real vacation (ie. not for tournament purposes)
13) go out more (try to do something social at least once a week - as in a dinner or event that is not for explicit church or organizational purposes. frivolous and expendable only.)
14) NOT end up in the ER
1 comment:
definitely do #10 :D
Post a Comment