Wednesday, February 28, 2007

triumph

Sparky vs. customer service: I win!

1) Logitech fixed my keyboard/mouse. What long, drawn-out procedures. But now it works again. Yeehaw. 2 phone calls to Dell and 2 phone calls to Logitech later.

2) They sent me a new jump rope. After the founder himself called me because he didn't believe that I really had a defective one. First my rope got stuck on one end - so they sent me new bearings. Then we replaced them, and they kept coming unscrewed. So I called them again, and the lady didn't know what to do with me, so she said they'd call me back. Who should call me but the jump rope master himself. Though at this point, esp. after being harassed 3 times about my keyboard/mouse, I was in no mood to let anyone talk me out of getting a new product. I don't care how many times you make me test it - if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

"So let me ask you - how do you like the rope?"

"Well, the one my friend has that WORKS is excellent. I wish mine worked so I could stop borrowing his and he could jump with me."

Speaking of which, the personal trainers at the gym have now taken to labelling me as "the jump rope girl". I think it sounds totally sissy.

3) Verizon - next on my list. Gotta figure out how to get a phone that works more than 10 minutes at a time.

You don't get what you don't ask for. Well, sometimes you do. But not from customer service.

I WEEN!

No comments: