Monday, September 27, 2004

Hair scare

Reason #8 why I must marry a Korean: Koreans are not hairy.

This morning when I went to the JCC (Jewish Community Center, my gym) to go swimming (revised HARDCORE!) I was disturbed by the number if grossly hairy men at the pool. Like, gorilla hairy. Granted, I've never been exposed to back hair before - for all I knew, it was a myth.

But no. It's quite real.

And then the dorky side of me wondered...how do they swim? That must cause a lot of drag force...

By the way, if you're curious, these are reasons 1-7. I shall tally a list as time goes on...

1. It's just who I am
2. I communicate best in Korean
3. My parents would keel over and die
4. Korean children
5. Who else would understand the 김치 냉장고 (kimchee fridge)? (ie. our food smells)
6. Kpop and dramas
7. Koreans lack the odor-producing sweat gland (according to Jin's anatomy and physiology textbook).

*Edit: So I changed the phrasing of 4 on account of a comment that someone left. Not that I should have to consider an opinion that someone didn't have guts to say outright. But just saying, I want little Korean kids that speak Korean. That's all. I have mixed cousins and they're quite attractive and good kids. But they have zero concept of culture and can't speak a word...and that makes me sad.