Had a 2 hour dinner with Adolfo after teaching kids sparring. We have this only child bond going, it's pretty cool. It's really interesting how much we can commisserate wrt the dojang and Sabs. I have the Korean thing going, but he's been there forever. We had an interesting discussion about religion too - he turned down my offer to take him to church, but wasn't opposed to talking about God and religion. Like they said at Urbana - strange how many athletes are actually nominal Christians or otherwise "churched". He may only call me noona when he knows he's in trouble, but he is in fact a good dongseng.
I love Fridays because getting to the dojang at 6 means Daniel isn't Mr. Cranky Pants yet. That boy gets tired and cranky around 8pm. But today when I got there I got a big grin and a "hi noona!" He even held my hand and wanted to show me all this power ranger stuff online. (Yes, the 3 year old knows how to use a computer)
"Daniel, is Mr. Peterson Korean?" (Mr. P is black)
"Yeah!"
"Is noona Korean?"
"Yeah!"
"So...is everyone Korean?"
"Yeah, we're all Korean!"
Hahaha...right, kiddo.
No comments:
Post a Comment