Sunday, September 26, 2004

What a weekend

Saturday:

1) Stabbed in the chest
2) Kicked in the hand
3) Had a great kicking day
4) Didn't cry
5) '02 mini-reunion

net positive? i think so...

******************

1) Finally went to the dermatolgist about the scar on my chest. She said it was no big deal and shot me up with steriods. But I am a needle wuss - TOTAL wuss. On top of that she wanted to stab me in a tender wound on my chest...the nurse offered to hold my hand and I bet I squeezed her fingers off. I was in a cold sweat after it was over...definitely more traumatizing than having radioactive goo shot into my arm. Needle wuss. Rawr.

Apparently I have to go back in a month to get shot up again. I hope this doesn't mess with my anti-doping drug testing stuff...

2 and 4) I get no sympathy around here...so Joonho wanted to spar after class. Sparring Joonho (오빠) is cool - he's not huge and he's not a mook, so it's all good. Except Sat when we were clinching and he kicked out and I didn't close my fists - I went down writhing on the ground because we both heard a crack.

I open my eyes and see Sab Jr sitting in front of me - I suppose he must've been mildly concerned if he even came over. He smiles and says "Good! You didn't cry. Progress!" and walks away. THAT actually made me almost cry...well more like laughing crying at how ridiculous it was. He turns around and says "눈물 하나도 없자나!" kind of chuckles, and walks off the mat.

NO sympathy around here...

But in a strange way...I think he was happy. Even if I might have broken my finger. And that makes me happy. Even if I might have broken my finger...

3 and 5) Nancy, Jae, Helena, and Sunny were having lunch on the UWS and they stopped by the dojang and watched for a bit. It was so good to see them again! Ah...now I see why dad gets so excited about his high school reunions...nothing like 동창's sometimes. They got to see me get yelled at, but only mildly.

It was the best kicking day I've had in a long time - pads were popping, I felt pretty quick, and was making Sr go blech on the back kicks. And every time I felt like I was going to die, they caught me and made me suck it up and erase the pain from my face. And for the first time in a long time - it worked. Somehow the negative energy was channeled into kicking harder. Utterly exhausted, but in a good way. They were pleased with me, it felt good.

Sr: "Come on...I want to go to the Dominican! I won't be able to coach you...but I want to go!"
me: "So if I make the team, you'll come?"


Well, Jr will be there to coach Chinedum, so it'd be cool if Sr came too to watch...I have to make this team. Less than 3 weeks left to camp...

After I was done and showered, I went out to Queens to meet up with them at Helena's. We didn't do much of anything, but it was cool to just hang out and catch up...doesn't seem like MIT was so long ago now...times like this I miss my old life...

No comments: