Monday, June 20, 2005

walking on broken glass

A surprisingly insightful conversation on reconciliation.

There are indeed two sides to every story...but perspectives are so different based on which side you're on. As I try to rebuild and accept the permanenceof my doghouse, it's almost encouraging to have discussed the opposite situation, when I was the senior throwing the junior in the doghouse, and remembering the steps towards forgiveness and reconciliation...

>>>>>>>>>>>>

it'll probably take a long time before things are 100% normal again

and i'll be honest
it could take a really long time before things are normal
but it'll eventually get better
things do get better with time
maybe the relationship will be different
but it could be better than before
remember when you were angry at me, and wouldn't talk to me
man i thought it would never get better

haha which time?
j/k
oh when i was ignoring you
oh yeah i was so mad at you. i don't even remember why anymore

haha
yea me neither

that took so much effort

before you remember why you were mad at me
let's go back to the subject at hand
time cures everything

i feel like i should be mad that you don't remember but i don't really care

haha. i kind of remember
anyway see
time makes most things better

it's because things eventually die
people, flowers, animals
even situations

>>>>>>>>>>>>

If only this situation would just die. But it hasn't and it won't - and even if it did, it would revive itself somehow because it's never been resolved.

I guess he's right - as the junior there's not much you can do but wait out the anger. I wonder how long it'll take, and whether I can wait that long.



The sun's still shining in big blue sky
But it don't mean nothing to me
Oh let the rain come down
Let the wind blow through me
I'm living in an empty room
With all the windows smashed
And I've got so little left to loose
That it feels just like I'm walking on broken glass


Now everyone of us was made to suffer
Everyone of us was made to weep
But we've been hurting one another
And now the pain has cut too deep
So take me from the wreckage
Save me from the blast
Lift me up and take me back
Don't let me keep on walking
I can't keep on walking on broken glass

-Annie Lennox "Walking on Broken Glass"

No comments: