It is 8:40pm on Friday night.
I am at work.
I am the only one at work.
My 1GB playlist has come back to the beginning.
I just saved over an important file and can't get to the backup because the architects' FTP site is down.
It's funny that it took me the last 3 weeks to figure out how to do 6 sets of calculations and diagrams. And now that I finally understand how to do it, they tell us that we absolutely need to finish and post something along the lines of 40 diagrams by tonight. And by we, that means me.
For someone who is only in her 3rd month at this company and in this INDUSTRY (read: I knew absolutely nothing about HVAC engineering prior to this job beyond knowing how to use a thermometer) - people seem to be OK with throwing important tasks with the risk of incompetance. I don't know when this happened, but people really need to stop presuming that I know what I'm doing.
I'm 80% finished with the ridiculous task at hand. I really ought to go home. But...I'm so close.
I am down to my last Milano cookie. I think I'll stay until my stomach rumbles again...I hope I can hold out till I finish.
I hope these calculations are correct or else people in Korea will freeze in the winter because I didn't buy a bigger stash of cookies...
No comments:
Post a Comment