Sunday, May 07, 2006

normal

T-minus 7 days.

Normally that means # of days till the competition, in anticipation and preparation.

And I realize I need to snap out of this, but I've been counting down the days until it will be OVER and I can sleep and eat like a normal person. And not train, and not go to physical therapy, and not go to hand therapy, and see my friends...and take trips to go on vacation and relax instead of taking trips to be more stressed and come back injured...and spend my money on things other than athletic tape, Gatorade, medical copays, neoprene braces, and tournament expenses.

I know, I'm not supposed to be another faceless underachiever in the mediocrity something something something. But...does not being an overachiever mean being an underachiever? Where is "normal"? And how much do achievements matter in the end?

I never thought I'd be so tired as to say this but...I kind of want to just be mediocre. To go to work, come home, and sit in front of the tv and do nothing.

Ah, who am I kidding? The minute I had time, I would just pursue something else and my days would be just as full. But in the cost-benefit analysis...maybe it'd come up positive with something else.

And on a random note...I just can't stop eating Kasugai gummy candies. They're so good...

No comments: