Thursday, May 04, 2006

register

Looking at my credit card bills over the course of the last month, I seem to have incurred a whole new category of spending. You know you're getting into the prime of young adulthood when a significant category for spending in a month is for registry gifts. And by registry I mean both weddings and (*eek*) babies.

My cousin just had her third child (Issac!) Two months ago my good friend of mine had her first child. Another one of my friends is pregnant. One of my students has a new brother, who I got to meet briefly when I went to go tutor the other day. Granted, I have some friends and cousins who are significantly older than I am, and people in NY have this tendency to have kids way late, but...babies, babies everywhere. It's a little crazy.

And for the generation 5-10 years younger than that, weddings, weddings everywhere. It's like this year is the boom (haha, well, for the class of '01, certainly). You turn around, and there's another "Save the Date!" thing in your mailbox. I remember teasing Ji a few years ago about how he was away for a wedding every month...and now I understand. Haha, I jest, but I'm looking forward to them. They're all great couples so it will be cool to celebrate with them, and a great opportunity to see old friends. Even if I have to dress up. =)

Interesting coincidence - this weekend I'm going (back) to Boston for Dan & Kathy wedding #1. In about 2 months I'll be going to NJ for Dan & Kathy wedding #2. No they're not getting married twice - I have two sets of "Dan & Kathy" friends who are getting married this year. And I do believe all of them are Taiwanese. What a small world...

It is a new era. Like it or not...everyone is growing up. Time marches on....

No comments: