Thursday, September 30, 2004

working, kicking, and singing

Two for two! Daniel gives great hugs for a small pint. He was so cute today in his little polo shirt and vest with jeans outfit. I can't wait to have little boys and dress them up. ..=)

I finally have something real to do at work! Even if I'm not entirely sure what exactly they want me to do. But it's exciting to be in a mini-team and actually having my own responsibility with something that doesn't involve reading or editing proposals. I'm realizing that there is a difference between consulting and engineering - a difference that I will one day have to make some decisions about. But that will be way later.

I'm a horrible person. I kicked Sab low today. Boo, me. With a narabam on triple hogus, no less. Well, I think I caught part of the bottom of the hogus, but...definitely came up short. Boo, me.

I'm feeling good these days though. It's all in my head. Maybe it's the 30 min power naps I'm taking before heading to the dojang at nights (I'm a big believer in the power nap) - but it's getting easier for me to convince myself that kicking feels good and that I'm going because I want to. Maybe that's the mental toughness that Sabs were talking about. And it's a different motivation to try and make them happy - not so much under pressure, but really wanting to give my last ounce.

Jr has this "look" after any particularly poor kick. It's kind of like "I'm laughing at how pathetic you are" mixed with "I'm disgusted by that piece of crap you call a kick". Kind of disdainful, I guess. I hate that look, it makes me feel like I'm being lazy.

All in all, I think it was good. He yelled at me some, but mostly good stuff. And boy did he kick hard. Haha, I got to be a hard-ass about some of the kicking drills and made him do extra if his kicks weren't totally awesome. Except then I realized that the only effect of that was that I was eating more kicks.

Spin hook kicks were pretty on today. Wahoo! Goal for this weekend (ugh I keep forgetting I'm competing too): score with a double, score with a spin hook kick, don't get injured. And don't lose any kids. Haha =)

***************

Did you ever notice how certain songs remind you of certain people? I was listening to my playlist the other day and totally started missing people and thinking back in time...

Meet Us (Vineyard) - Roy and 9am prayer meetings

The Victim - Dan Shiau and Crossproducts

난아라요 (Seotaiji) - Linda!

MmmBop (Hanson) - Harvard Summer School '97

Wannabe (Spice Girls) - Margaret and Dave at 노래방 (karaoke)...HAHAHA

Yeah (Usher) - Helen dancing around my room

Stacy's Mom (Fountains of Wayne) - Richard. HAHA. I cannot believe I like this song, I'm so disgusted with myself.

Yes, I put very random songs together in playlists...=)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck at your tournament! make lots of big and scary people go blech. -erica