Saturday, February 12, 2005

제자

"do you want to be a 제자 of {blank}?!?! Do you want him sitting in your chair and screaming at you all the time??"

Well, if I'm not mistaken - I was yelled at plenty this week so THAT statement is a little hypocritical. Including being yelled at for "do you like being yelled at???"

Ugh. Well I guess if he's getting that worked up about it it's not like he doesn't care. And I guess it's the first time they called me or implied that I'm their 제자. But still, I'm torn between feelings of guilt for my tactlessness, dissatisfaction for the legitimate points that spurred all of this, indignance at the grossly unfair statements or implications, and general sadness over the hurtful things they said.

You know what's difficult? When you realize that you've hurt someone and you apologize for it, and they hurt you and either don't notice or don't care to notice. Reconciliation is much more difficult in a non-Christian context because there isn't a common example to look to as to how and why it should happen. *sigh*

How to be gracious without being steamrolled...

No comments: