I hate New York. New Yorkers. Eh. The whole beginnings of trying to buy an apt has left me realizing that...people are selfish and greedy and cutthroat...no one's really going to look out for your best interest except you. How cynical. I hate being cynical.
I think that the culmination of events as of late leaves me dissatisfied because I keep being told that I CAN have it all and then I'm seeing that I can't. I guess it's a matter of realizing that people will disappoint you and what they say isn't necessarily what they will do. And that sometimes what they say is just not true, intentional or not. (OK this whole paragraph was a jumble of a lot of poopy things, not just the whole apt fiasco).
But I will say this: real estate brokers suck. My respect level for them as people is about as low as my opinion of MIT Medical who misdiagnosed my chip fracture as a sprained finger. Well except medical staff were incompetant whereas brokers are self-serving ingenuine leeches, controlled by money.
Perhaps it's too much of a blanket statement for me to say, but I think what it comes down to is that true colors of NYC were revealed when I realized that you really can't trust anyone. Especially when you're dealing with money.
*sigh* Back to the drawing board. Growing up and being fiscally responsible really stinks. So does the real estate market on the Upper West Side.
No comments:
Post a Comment