Friday, February 04, 2005

spoken for - mmph

I punched so much today, my knuckles are actually bleeding. Not much, but still...for me that's a lot. We did everything I suck at today - punching, pushups, abs, football runs...wow I feel pathetic.

So a few of us went out to eat after workout - and as we sit down to order drinks, JH and Sab order beers and JH looks at J and asks if he wants one. J declines. So then JH turns to me and asks if I want a beer. And Sab says "no". "Christina doesn't drink".

Not that I wanted a beer - but what if I did? Isn't it my right as a 24 year old to order a beer if I so choose? And it's not like I don't drink on principle and he's helping stick up for my decision...it was more of a "she's a kid, she shouldn't drink, I have spoken" sort of thing. Man, he even bought Rich a beer in Greece - what is this Christina-standarding going on?? Mmph.

It's been awhile since I've been spoken for. I think I forgot what it felt like. I mean in the end he was right, and I enjoyed my Coke far more than I would have enjoyed a beer. But still...my inner mule tells me I should have insisted on drinking one just to make a point. (But of course I sat there mute and just took it - I'm not stupid).

No comments: