1) Visualization - I'm starting to feel good for Nationals. Well no...more like, I'm starting to have moments where it feels good and they perhaps are outweighing the bad. Because really, when does it all feel good? Hardly ever. I had some spontaneous visualizing on the bus this morning, so I suppose that's a good sign. Visualization is such an interesting thing...sports psychologists swear by it, I just wonder how much of it is forced or how 'realistic' you ought to be with it. I think there's a difference between visualization and fantasy. Anyways, if any of you CA people are around the last weekend of Oct, I'll be in SJ!
2) MIT tourney this weekend - to go or not to go? I have to be at Gov Cup all day Sat, but chances are most of those kids won't want lessons on Sun after they compete. So if that's the case and Gov Cup ends early, then I could potentially take the Chinatown bus at the crack of dawn and make it in time for sparring. It's a stretch, but I'm dying to see everyone...*sigh* Times like this I really wish I had a car...
3) There's a guy in my small group who was a student of shiau_d's at BU! OK, very strange that I far exceed the average age in my sg...most of the people in it are the same age as my former students from the staff days. But they're cool, and my sgl's are super cool. Ironicially, we're going to be studying Philippians...the first study I ever had to lead as an sgl back in ACF...when I didn't even want to be an sgl. Wow, God really carried me through that sg..."so...what do YOU think?" and apparently I kept saying "I think it's cool that..." I miss being an sgl...but it'll def. be nice being in a Bible study and not having to lead it. Philippians...what a good book.
4) SOTM: "Some guys have all the luck" by Rod Stewart. Oldie but goodie.
5) Reason #5043 - Travels way too much. There's still 5 days to go, it's been forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment