Reason #4001 why I hate NY: Mice.
Actually this applies to all of the East Coast, but NY in particular because it is a dirty dirty city. Or it's just...a CITY.
This morning I was getting ready for work and I see something distinctly furry with a tail scurry from behind my tv to under one of the fridges.
EWWWWW
If there is one thing I cannot stand (besides bugs and taxi drivers and people who hover over my shoulder when uninvited to do so) - it's rodents. I've been developing a dislike for animals in general (goodness I'm turning into a freaking ahjumma, I get so annoyed by dog and cat hair that I'd never get one now) - but mice were supposed to be limited to the bowels of the subway. Not my anal-retentively cleaned and scrubbed out no-food-anywhere-near-the-floor apartment.
*sigh*
Just like that semester I had the mouse problem in McCormick, now I can't sleep at nights. I remember one night Jr year I heard a trap go off under my bed and it was a long weekend so the janitor was away...I was so freaked out I couldn't sleep the whole night. And how dmoon was extra studly and offered to trek over in the snow from pkt and dispose of the remains. (aepark, you found a good catch!) I will always remember dmoon for that act of kindness. Though I turned it down and eventually got the janitor or night-time security guy to come and get it out.
EWWWWW
Apparently what people tell me is that most buildings have rodent issues and it's more of a problem the building has to deal with and there's not much you as a resident of a single unit can do. Rawr. Well, my super is supposed to have checked it out and set some traps or SOMETHING while I'm at work today...I really hope it works. There must be a hole to plug up somewhere...spray with some methyl ethyl death or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment