Another peeve - people who reply-all to emails that everyone on a list don't need to get. You all know what I'm talking about - you get all this spam that you don't really need, and of course no one ever bothers to delete the references so you end up with emails that are one sentence but take up 25k.
Actually this didn't happen recently, I was just remembering back to how that would ALWAYS happen at MIT bc yesterday my inbox was flooded with discussion over our football jerseys. Well, except this was actually interesting =) I really wish I could devote more time to this football team, it's been a whole lot of fun so far. And I love football. But alas, practices are on Saturdays are conflict with sparring practice, so I can only go for half at a time. Bummer.
It's been a fun way to get to know people at church though, and even though they're mostly college students, at least I'm getting the names down. I might actually be able to match names to faces outside of my small group soon! And it's been awhile since I've been surrounded by so many Koreans. Well, Asians, but mostly Koreans. Haha every email I get from these girls sounds like it's from Munhee, with all the ^-^ symbols...hahaha. After a year of being virtually Jewish, it's actually quite refreshing.
It's been interesting adjusting to non-MIT people as well. I think I took for granted that everyone who goes to MIT has a certain common ground...I mean, yeah we're smart but we're also nerdy...you just can't crack the same jokes in a mixed crowd. Even at work I'm surrounded by Cornell, RPI, and other graduates - who DIDN'T LIKE THE dy/dx JOKE!!! Astounded. But really, it's this whole new challenge of relating to people who are on some level similar and on many others very much not.
No comments:
Post a Comment