Sunday, April 23, 2006

wedding

Best weekend I've had in a *long* time. Sometimes you have these moments when you see so tangibly that God really answers prayers. For anyone else who welled up when S&D did the traditional bows and the parents received them...you have to agree with me, God is so good. There's something about witnessing reconciliation firsthand that's just beautiful.

And despite all of my apprehension at having to be totally girlified - it wasn't so bad after all. Except the shoes - there really wasn't anything redeeming about wearing uncomfortable strappy shoes. But after all the dress and hair and makeup etc. was done...I was quite embarassed by people's reactions (I guess it was quite a shock). But I suppose it was flattering after the intial embarassment.

What a GREAT party. KCF/ACF over the generations spanning almost 10 years...it was so awesome seeing all the old friends, where time seems to stop and nothing seems to have ever changed. I must admit, I was initially hesitant at the bridal party duties of having to actually dance all the time and get people to do it to...but actually it was quite fun. Kudos to MC/DJ pyang!

Sunday I got to go to church, meet some of the new TKD frosh (they eensah'd...gosh I'm old. Class of '09. Eek...) and got to work out with my tBos friends. So good to be back, to be kicking out, sweating hard...with other people doing the same and encouraging you from the side. So good to be back.

aepark said something interesting in the car on the way back...maybe it was so good just because of the steep gradient of the everyday with which to compare it to. I think it's partly true...it was SO good. But alas...all good things must come to an end. Back to NY. Back to reality. Back to the job, the dojang and all that comes with it. I hope the weekend of fun and affirmation and community was enough to last for...who knows how long.

In any event - another one bites the dust and the class of '01 is just dropping like flies. Congratulations to dp and sly!

No comments: