3, 2, 1.
1, 2, 3.
What the heck is bothering me?
(Name that show).
Caffe Swish. That is what bothers me today. It's the only place on the UWS where you can get boba, as far as I know - stinking overpriced not-as-good-as-Lollicup boba. I ordered dinner from there tonight, solely for the purpose of getting boba (let's face it - their menu is just like Saigon Grill, except they have boba). And they bring me my dinner and there's no bubble tea in the bag.
So I call them right away and tell them that they've left out part of my order. The lady promptly tries to persuade me into an option of getting a credit for bubble tea on my next order. That presumes that there will BE a next order - I see through your clever little scam. You're too cheap to send your delivery guy back here with my boba, which I ordered and PAID FOR - and now you're going to use your mistake to make me order again?
No way.
I can't stand New Yorkers that try to pull my heartstrings. It's like they know I'm not from around here so they can gimmick me. Well I've lived here long enough to be impatient when I'm getting my leg pulled...So I go through the guilt phase, and then squash it to demand that they bring me my bubble tea that I paid for. She apologizes for the mixup, and says they'll send it right away.
Apparently "right away" is a relative term. So I called back after an hour of waiting to see what the holdup was and got a vague answer of "it's on the way". At this rate, they'd better have hand packed each of those tapioca bubbles and boiled them separately, because it's nearing my bedtime and I'm awaiting the piece de resistance of my dinner. Another half hour goes by and now I'm tired and extremely peeved. I don't even want the tea anymore, the last thing I need is something to keep me awake when I need to sleep.
However, this is on principle. They offered me goods and services, I paid for it, and they will deliver what they promised. I know, it sucks from their perspective to have to make two trips to deliver something as trivial as bubble tea which costs like $3. But I will not be walked all over by bad customer service...again! (Note to self, write that letter of complaint to American Airlines).
I'm so stubborn. But...all I wanted was some bubble tea. Was that so much to ask? I'm going to open my own bubble tea shop if this doesn't resolve itself. Perhaps it can take a corner of my hakwon and the kids will supply the business as they study...
No comments:
Post a Comment