One thing I love the most is the feeling of new socks. When you put on a pair that has never been stretched before, and all the cushioning is in the right places...it makes my feet so happy.
I don't know what possessed me to do this, but I woke up at 7.30am Sat morning to do my laundry. The sad part is, I was not alone. There are actually other people who wake up freaking early in the morning to do laundry on a weekend.
So I did my laundry, and as per my custom, I fold all the shirts and pants downstairs in the laundry room (where there is a table to fold properly), and fold the rest in my apt (in front of the tv). So while folding socks, I was trying to put all the right pairs together, and I realized...I was one sock short.
RAWR.
I *hate* it when that happens! The other sock then becomes useless without its partner. (who wears only one sock?) I'm also really anal about wearing the exact two socks together every time, so that my socks wear out at even rates.
Anyways.
I promptly turned my laundry basket inside out looking for this sock, but to no avail. Now I'm wondering if it's worth going downstairs to look in each washer and dryer I used, to see if the sock had stuck to the edges - even though I've had about a 25% success rate at finding missing socks that way.
As a double whammy, the missing sock was one of my new socks - cushy toes, arch supports and all. That was the last straw - I had to go find it.
So I left my apt and was waiting for the elevator, when a woman who lives across the hall asks me "excuse me, but do you wear champion athletic socks?" (OK, I know I wear a lot of Nike and Adidas, but...how did she KNOW that??)
"Um, yes I do"
"I thought it was you. Because I found one champion athletic sock in the laundry room and saw you leaving - I tacked it onto the board, you can find it there."
THANK YOU, LADY!
Man, there's something so satisfying about finding something you've lost.
* * * * *
8"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' 10In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." -Luke 15:8-10
No comments:
Post a Comment