Well, aside from the fact that yesterday was quite possibly the worst day I've ever had at work - I will attempt to not dwell on that and focus on the funny part of my day.
So I got into the office, and my coworker wants me to come to his desk. Sure, whatever. He had called me last night, but as he didn't leave a message, I figured it wasn't important.
I guess it kind of was. If I had called him back, I might have prevented him from purchasing
the most hideously bright pink cell phone case known to man. For some context, he and I both have Razr phones. When I got mine, I was talking about getting a case but not wanting anything bulky, and he (who lives in NJ) showed me his clear plastic case and was supposed to get me one like it.
That was a month ago, and since then I've been getting used to just not having a case. So apparently whatever cell phone accessory place he went to ran out of clear and black cases, and all they had left were bright metallic blue and bright metallic pink. And he got the last blue one and didn't know whether to get me the pink one or not.
Well, he got it. And insisted on putting my phone in it. It took all the willpower I had to watch him do it and not laugh. Dude, you've known me for 6 months - that should be enough time to know that I couldn't willingly carry around something so ridiculously bright and blinding. But it was a nice gesture and I absolutely hate telling people I don't like their gifts.
I'm hoping the repulsed looks and laughs from our other coworkers made me seem less ungrateful, but...man, my eyes still hurt from that case.
No comments:
Post a Comment