I was trying to think of ways to make announcements interesting for small group. I figure, most people who get an email that isn't personally addressed to them just skim it and delete it. (Unless you're art_emis and you just delete it right away).
So here is the product of what I think is humorous. Well, it made some people laugh. =)
To the tune of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air:
Now this is the story all about how
My small group flipped, we moved uptown
And I'd like to take a minute, just hold your seat
I'll tell you what's going on with us this week.
On the Upper West Side, 112th and Broadway
At Carol's place is where we'll spend most our Fridays,
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
Studying (the Bible) even though we're not in school
When a couple of guys said "let's bond, is there more?"
And so we vowed to dominate the Small Group Wars!
We won in one little game and they all got scared
And said "those Friday young adults are awesome, beware!"
I hemmed and I hawwed, as the deadline came near;
October 6-8, would God meet me there?
If anything, I could say it's gonna be sweet-
Alright, sign me up for this year's Fall Retreat!
Just. Go. Up to 110th, you can take the 1 train
Hopstop.com, it will show you the way
Christina and Jooheon, they hope you'll be there
To grow in God's Word, and in sharing and prayer
No comments:
Post a Comment