Wednesday, September 27, 2006

epiphany

Sometimes God really just brings everything together and you stand there and think "wow". This is why I love Bible study with someone else - you get so much more out of it when you can bounce ideas around instead of just in your head.

JH and I were going over the study for this week, and it was so ridiculously good...and we didn't even finish. It was such a timely message that God alone can satisfy, and that when we are satisfied by God, He is glorified. It's win-win. How crazy cool is that?

It really hit me what it means to glorify God...that it's not really about the results of what we do, but about our heart behind it. Sounds all cliche, but he really drove it home when he compared it to the workplace, and how if we hate our jobs and just try to get by, then we're probably not glorifying God. In light of my recent decision to commit to TKD competition this year, it was amazing confirmation. It reminded me that the purpose behind it isn't necessarily in winning or losing, but that this is my way to glorify God in those moments that I'm training really hard and pushing myself and enjoying it. That in the adrenaline and exhiliration, those few moments when everything comes together...that our hearts were made to share in His goodness and joy...

Man, what an epiphany...

It's amazing because we both got totally excited about it, even though I'm sick as a dog and he got virtually no sleep last night prepping this study. But for those brief lightbulb-flash-over-your-head moments when we got a glimpse of an insight to God's character...maybe that's the beauty of it. For those moments, it was the knowledge of God and understanding that really satisfied our desire...and in those moments, I think that's a small example of when God is glorified.

That probably made no sense, but...it was cool. I've never been so intrigued in preparing a Bible study before. Well, not that I'm even the one preparing it, he's the one doing all the work. (Heh, being an apprentice has its advantages). But seriously... how timely. Epiphanies are cool...

No comments: