Tuesday, January 18, 2005

miracles

Wow. There are some RICH people in Manhattan. (And I'm definitely not one of them).

So what I want to know is - why these people are paying tens of thousands of dollars a year to send their kids to these private schools that have INCOMPETANT TEACHERS. Goodness gracious it's so atrocious.

But I've decided that miracles can indeed happen and perhaps my calling in life is to be a physics tutor. I had a 2 hour session with this girl who had an emergency request before her midterm tomorrow, and at the end, she totally retook a quiz she failed and aced it. That's why I love teaching - you get satisfaction so much faster than like, the 50 years it'll take to see if this water tunnel leg gets built.

If I pick up any more students it's going to be abundantly clear that it's far more lucrative and satisfying to do this than work a normal job...but no, it would kill my parents. Maybe if I found them that Perfect Korean Man then they'd let me slide on the vocation thing...haha OK NOW we're talking miracles...


No comments: