Sunday, January 02, 2005

t-minus 5.5 days

People should respond to emails. Particularly if they have blackberry's strapped to them and aren't limited by not being in front of a computer all day. Particularly if it has to do with scheduling and time. Particularly if someone needs to train and there's no one who lives in this city that's willing to help and the only person who did came from out of town to do it. (I repeat, Liza is super duper awesome).

Nevertheless, I trained for 2 hours by myself today, after teaching for 5 hours. Someone needs to fix the heater in that dojang, it's freaking cold. But there's really a limited number of things that you can actually do on your own without actually kicking something. *sigh*

And people should call to check up on their friends when they know that they're upset. This whole "I dont' know what to do so I'm going to not do anything" business is really unhelpful. It's not about saying the "right" things - it's about showing that you care. And if you care, all by yourself, and don't show it, then it's equivalent to not caring because the person doesn't KNOW you care. Because last I checked, ignoring someone isn't an indication that you care.

No comments: