Monday, January 24, 2005

randomness

It's funny how you try so hard to get people to talk to you, and then they ignore you. And then when you just sort of give up, they talk to you. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. But I guess if interactions weren't natural, then relationships wouldn't be genuine.

***********

"Dylan thinks you don't want to play with him."

Aw MAN. I totally feel sucky. Nothing like the disappointment from a 5 year old to make you feel bad about yourself. So on Sunday during marathon lessons, Sabs come in with the boys to work Derek out for the tournament. I see these bundles come in the door, but I'm preoccupied with teaching someone. Suddenly this little bundle of black hair comes barreling across the mat into my leg. Good thing we have mirrors, he would have taken me out at the knees. I turned around just in time to catch him and throw him up in the air. I love that kid.

Anyways, so he kept hanging around, watching Julian's lesson, and wanting to play. So I told him I'd play with him in 5 minutes, in between Julian and Scott's lessons. Except when he came back about 10-15 min later, I'd already started Scott on ladders. So he kept wanting to play, and then Jr completely yelled at him for bugging me while I was teaching. I played with him for a little during a water break, but I guess it wasn't enough. And they left by the time I was finished with Scott.

So yesterday when I was working with Derek, he tells me that his brother thinks I don't want to play with him. Agh, poor kid. I feel like a horrible noona. I wonder if I can set up a playdate or something...haha maybe it'd be a good excuse to go ride the Ferris Wheel again at Toys R Us.

***********

Random quotes that I laughed over recently:

"Is he a red belt - I mean - black belt?"

HAHAHA. Seattle. That was such a fun trip. I miss d-crew.

"What is WRONG with my ass?"

What indeed. Haha...

"You and MTV need a serious sit down chat about the current state of your relationship."

MTV and I don't HAVE a relationship...

No comments: