Monday, January 17, 2005

my frivolous weekend

So for two days, I forced myself to be a normal 20-something. I moved all my lessons, Rich came to town, and I made myself leave the apt. and have fun. Geez, I must be a workaholic or a hermit, because even my doorman commented "wow, you're going out twice this weekend!"

This having fun business...sure is tiring! And I got sick as a result, boo...but I got to do a lot of things I don't normally do.

1) STOMP - great show. Similar to Nanta (Cookin') but with an urban setting. I think I liked Nanta better, but still...would highly recommend it.

2) church - Well as long as I moved all my lessons, figured he could come to church with me. We went to check out my cousin's church which just started a contemporary service. It wasn't half bad, actually. Been so long since I've had praise music, that alone made it worth it. Pastor Mark is no Tim Keller...not even close. But the people were nice even though the church was tiny. And I missed being around Koreans.

3) MoMA - I usually don't like museums, and was kind of groaning on the inside when I asked him what he wanted to do and he said go to the MoMA. And I generally dislike all things modern. But I actually enjoyed it. Yay for culture...if you call that culture. There were definitely retarded things like a canvas painted in one color.

4) WS dinner/party - Weird seeing everyone wearing nice clothes. I'm sure they were just as weirded out that I wasn't in a ponytail.

Flyboy. HAHAHA...I will remember that for the rest of my life.

************************

Tournament signups are at a record high. I'm so pleased. =) And I'm super excited that Derek is going. (Sr's son). Apparently I'm supposed to be coaching and training him for it, which is totally ironic. Coaching my coach's kid. But a wise move on the part of Mrs. Sab - being coached by your father puts too much pressure on both of them. Far too potentially traumatic.

Mrs. Sab: "Christina noona's going to teach you how to spar. She's going to coach you like Daddy coaches her. Ooh you better be careful because all that aggression against Daddy's going to come out and you're gonna get it!"

Hrmm. Now I have to undo the trauma from THAT statement. But really looking forward to working with him, should be fun!

No comments: