Saturday, January 29, 2005

surprises of the week

So Thurs. night Sr kicks me in the knee. The bad knee. The bruise is more spectacular than the one Jr gave me last week. Maybe he was jealous...haha. No but seriously - what kind of freak accident is that, getting back kicked in the knee two days before a tournament? =( Words cannot express how bad my room smells of BenGay at this moment.

So at 6am my phone rings. And I'm thinking:

a) "who the heck is calling me at 6am on a Saturday morning?"
b) "my knee freaking hurts, why am I sparring today?"
c) "aw crap, my alarm didn't go off, I have to get up!!"

So I drag myself out of bed, check my phone and call back.

(groggy voice) "Hello?"

"Hey, did you call me?"

"Um, yeah"

"WHY are you calling me at 6am on a Saturday morning???"

"You know, wake-up call. Wait, you said you had get up at 6am, right?"

Aw man. I love my kid. Sometimes they surprise you.

No comments: