Thursday, January 13, 2005

tutoring and FUN

I picked up another tutee last night. I guess people have been referring me as a physics tutor and I got a desperate phone call for a crash course now that midterms are coming up. What am I, a miracle worker? You can't expect to see me the night before your midterm and miraculously understand things you've been struggling with all semester. I hope she does some major studying between now and Tuesday...

As with any sort of teaching role, though, I think I learned a lot from this tutoring experience. At least with respect to the material, it's so much more intuitive. I'm a little apprehensive about the spring, though, because I haven't looked at E&M in forever. I don't even think I remember which fingers mean what in the right hand rule. (And the inner dork sighs...)

This is going to be my weekend of having fun. No work. No lessons. (Well, OK, just a couple). Being a normal 20-something and having FUN if it kills me. Rich is coming to visit me! And Ryan and Sandra are coming next week!

I will have FUN. And sleep. And not work out. And eat good food. (Though I should stop drinking so much Coke...I love Coca Cola...)


No comments: