Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I never asked to be captain.

What sucks:

1) People who can't hold paddles. But if they're green belts, it's not really their fault. And she was trying. So really who sucks are the people who make you pair with people who can't hold paddles.

2) When you have to teach 10 hours a week and during one of the few times you come to work out, you're basically forced to teach. And not only that, attempt to work out while stubbing your toes because someone can't hold paddles. (See sucky point 1)

3) When you're held to a higher standard than everyone else. When you put in 10 times the work, 10 times the effort and thought into everyone else - and get 100 times the crap at any little mistake you might make. The math DOES NOT add up.

4) The curse of being captain. The huge curse of being a captain of a team that doesn't exist, and trying to make something out of nothing. The gigantic curse of being captain of a team that doesn't appreciate you, where you put in work and everyone else gets benefits - and THEN you get yelled at on top of that to boot. "Act like a captain" my ass. Well EXCUSE ME but I don't have to ACT like a captain, I AM a captain. AND I didn't ASK to be captain. I'm doing above and beyond my fair share as stupid captain AND f*cking coach, so everyone just leave me alone and stop making me feel like I owe anyone anything, because if you looked closely you'd realize that I've given much more than anyone deserves out of me.

5) Watching people who don't deserve to test, test. It's the most depressing thing I've ever seen. I think the way that people are disgusted by George W winning a second term - I'm disgusted watching sucky red belts half-ass their way to a black belt with atrocious technique.

6) When it's your turn to talk in a meeting that you're running - and then when you try to say something nice about someone else, SOMEONE cuts you off and turns it around into a snide comment about you. Yeah, THAT makes you really want to share and be open with your "teammates". And then when you're talking and trying to get it over with, you know, since you're supposed to "ACT" like a captain (GRRR) - he cuts you off AGAIN and proceeds to lecture you in front of everyone else. Well, if you let me get to my POINT and just LISTENED for about 30 seconds (and I didn't see you cutting off anyone else, even when they were talking for much much longer - so back to 3) - then maybe I would have gotten to the same conclusion without having to sit there and be told my own punchline and lectured into feeling retarded.

My output way exceeds my input, and people suck.

I resign. Make your OWN team and do the crap work yourself. I never asked to be captain.

No comments: