Friday, May 20, 2005

rude and nasty people

I'm never eating at Key West again. After how many years of my patronage, James and I were eating there last night and having a good time and then some cranky lady butts in with "EXCUSE ME! Can you keep your VOICE down, please? You're really loud." OK, I think those were here words, but I can't type out the nastiness with which she glared at me. As if a stare-down with a middle-aged lady is just what I needed.

So, being shocked, I was torn between feeling bad (had my voice been THAT loud) and wanting to talk even louder because she had been that rude. Granted, I was telling a story and I guess I get excited or whatever, but...it wasn't very nice of her, and she could have come over and asked politely instead of telling me across the room and stopping the conversations at other tables.

Whatever, it's a diner. If you want to be a loser and read your paper in the corner, go to a library and do it. If I'd had more guts I would have said something equally nasty on my way out, but alas - no comeback came to mind.

So - no more Key West. What a shame, it was my favorite diner up until now.

New Yorkers are mean and nasty people. I'm sad that I'm becoming one. *sigh*

No comments: