Throwing up is such an unpleasant experience. I think that's why I avoided it for most of my life. My mom used to tell me when I was younger, that I would feel a lot better if I just threw up and got everything bad out of my system. But as with everything else, I'm not terribly responsible about enduring pain now to alleviate pain later. So for most of my life, whenever I needed to puke, I just kept it down. Sometimes torturous, but eventually the pain would pass.
Not last night. I'm not sure what it was - possibly a mixture of food poisoning, indigestion, a virus, or my body rebelling that I shocked it into an insane workout schedule - but there was some serious rebellion and I lost. Might I say - this is why I will never ever drink in excess (or order that weird soup from Sripaipai again). Because the thought of being bent over a toilet and the utter misery that follows...ugh.
Anyways, so as with all else when my body is beaten into rebellion, life had to come to a halt. I went home from work early, took a nap, ate some chicken soup, and rested. Mmph. Fridays are supposed to be my rest day - my body made an executive decision to make that Weds this week. Oh well. Tomorrow we begin again. Hopefully things stay down.
*sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment