Wednesday, November 15, 2006

electronics

Reason #2 for why I have to get married: I hate shopping for electronics.

Men appear to enjoy shopping for electronics. OK, perhaps that is not a good generalization considering almost all of the men in my life are Asian engineers. However, the statistic works in my little world. Even my non-engineering guy friends know and care so much more about electronics than I do.

I'm trying to buy a new computer. But there are just too many freaking options. mac? pc? desktop? laptop? That alone gives me a headache, let alone all the other bells and whistles that add hundreds of dollars that you didn't acount for.

And anyone who knows me well knows that I don't deal well with options in arenas I don't know, particularly if it involves money. If you increase the number of variables, my stress and indecision levels skyrocket exponentially. (Hence, if you've ever played poker with me...it's very amusing).

Since my current laptop is 4 years old, the screen has blown out, super slow, and is now making funny sounds when it runs...I've backed up my files, picked the brains of the first 5 guys who would respond to me, spent too much time on the internet, and spent 150% of the budget I had set for myself. Dell.com is freaking sneaky...don't be fooled until you check out and suddenly see the price skyrocket!

Time to exit the Dark Ages. Well, in 3-5 days, by standard shipping.

I really hope my future husband likes shopping for electronics, I think I need a nap from my purchasing experience.

No comments: