Little did I know...what a funny progression of email strings. I feel so difficult.
Are we meeting tonight?
Can we meet at the palace tonight (32nd & broadway)? It is pretty close to our new church space, and II wanted to show you our new church office. I'll order food for you. What time can you come by? Let me know yo!
Paul is having a football meeting tonight @ Palace for the defense to go over plays. Unless you want to just meet there and go to the office. My second kid cancelled on me, I can get there between 7-7.30.
hahahaahha
yeah lets meet there and go to the office
wait, but the church office is being dedicated this weekend...how can we use it before then? what food are you ordering? there are some foods i can't eat right now because i have to weigh in on friday and they just changed my weight class so it's 2 lbs less than it's always been.
HAHA shuddap. Dang it. I was going to surprise you with sangyupsal dinner, but man, I don't think that will work out. Well how about this, you pick your fav restaurant (that you are allowed to go to) and I'll take you there. Think about it as a pre-birthday thing.
Aw thanks, that's really nice of you to remember! though now all I can think about is sangyupsal.
Can we do it next week instead? I've been eating early or no dinners this week because my weight is so close. Everywhere I like to eat is food I can't really have right now.
I left you a vm on your cell, can you call me @ work when you get this?
I think he was getting frustrated by this point. Poor guy. Man, yet another reason why this tournament is ruining my birthday - I can't eat and I'm missing everything this weekend!
So in the end, he ended up taking me to Dave and Busters with the challenge that he would beat me at every game in there. He was pretty close, actually. Demolished me in basketball, Time Crisis, DDR, race car driving...yeah. BUT. He's still upset that I beat him at air hockey. My one redemption for the night. And he won at the trivia game and I beat the flaming finger - that was so freaking satisfying. (You know, one of those games where the jackpot is like 200 tickets because it's really hard?)
The fruit of our labor:

I think it really means a lot to me when someone does something thoughtful, or goes out of their way to try and surprise me. And in a lot of ways, the timing fell at a time when I needed to just be frivolous for a few hours and not take life so seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment