Dave, my hand therapist, likes to joke around with me about why I'm not married. Or dating. Or whatever. It's kind of cute though, he's sort of paternal. And he's not Korean so that makes me a little less guarded about being nagged.
"So I went to see my dentist the other day, and he's Korean. And he's Christian. Really nice guy..."
I see where this is going.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah, but he's 34...is that too old for you?"
"Uh, probably"
"Well, he's a really nice guy, all his patients love him. There's one one thing...well, there are two things"
Uh, being 34 wasn't one of them?
"Yeah?"
"So...he's a little overweight."
"So what? Wait...how little is a little?"
"Maybe 20 lbs. I figured that wouldn't work with you since you're like, the other end of the exercise spectrum"
And by 20 he meant more like 25-30.
"Uhh...yeah, there could be a conflict of interest."
"Well, and he's a little..."
"What, awkward?"
"Yeah, that's a good word! You could say that"
Wait, so not only is the guy old, and overweight (which doesn't bother me so much as the fact that obesity can indicate a lack of discipline), but he's socially awkward?
What's with people trying to set me up with 34 year old not-a-real-doctor types? This is the second one in 3 months! First the optometrist somewhere in California who likes to go hiking and canoeing, but was not Christian. Now the dentist somewhere in Jersey who may or may not be able to carry a conversation.
No comments:
Post a Comment