Friday, November 03, 2006

what is 26?

26. It's not even mathematically significant.

23 was prime. Seriously the best year of my life. Graduated but no formal job, freedom to do ministry and train to my heart's content, where my "job" was to love and teach students in the two arenas I love most...young enough to blend in with my students and be friends with them, to live that extended campus life and enjoy it. I think I laughed the most this year. I miss Boston so much it hurts sometimes, but I know that I'm really just missing this time of my life and the people from it.

24 was perfect. (1x2x3x4) That was the year I strove to be "perfect" - the year of growth. The most crying I've ever done, the most psychological trauma I've ever gone through, the most I've ever travelled, and the most progress and development I've ever made. This was the year of risks, of learning that God will indeed provide when you take a leap of faith, and above all, learning how much I need community. The year of personal breakthroughs and what can happen when you really believe.

25 was square. (5x5) This was the year of balance. Between a new church, changing jobs, training, tutoring, and teaching TKD - it was a massive juggling act of learning how to sacrifice, how to optimize, how to give everything and everyone the most I can and still remain standing. But some of the most rewarding moments, when you see people growing, learning, overcoming their fears, and pushing them past their excuses and perceived limitations.

27 will be cubed. (3x3x3) Oh gosh, who knows, maybe it's the year everything will converge and make sense. But at least it's a special number.

But what is 26? I eagerly await to see what God can make out of this insignificant number. (If any of you have the gift of prophecy, well, sharing is caring!)

No comments: