I feel like this is out of a cartoon.
* * * * *
me: man, writing a letter of resignation is hard
jh: its easy
jh: "dear sir,
jh: i quit
jh: goodbye"
jh: six syllables
* * * * *
me: yeah your hair must be thick or something. it seems to grow straight out
jh: yeah
jh: it sucks
jh: i cant do anything with it
me: you could gel it
jh: i do
jh: but i havent since college
jh: cause i dont care anymore
jh: you know how george costanza wants to wear sweats in public?
jh: and jerry is like
jh: that slike saying "i give up"
jh: to scoeity
jh: "i give up so i might as well be comfortable"
jh: well thats kind of like me and my hair
me: hahaha...
me: that was like me and clothes
me: and then my friend gave me so much crap
me: he called my jeans 'man pants'
jh: hahahaha
me: i was like, boot cut, what is that? i don't wear boots!
jh: haha
jh: whats boot cut?
* * * * *
Haha someone who understands! "I give up so I may as well be comfortable". That's what I'm talking about...hahaha.
Speaking of Seinfeld, the next episode of R's funny gift fiascos. (And this is purely for my own amusement, and it's definitely the thought that counts bc I think I gave him a gift he didn't like this year).
Birthday 1: a gc to Amazon. Not knowing that I really don't like gc's because they're impersonal. "But it's Amazon...you can get anything you want!" (I eventually used it to get the DVD of Marriage of Figaro).
Christmas 1: a gc to Best Buy. In an attempt to be more "specific" this time. (I eventually used it to buy Seinfeld seasons 1&2).
Birthday/Christmas 2: 2 dvd's from Best Buy: Rudy and Elf. A size L shirt from the MIT tournament. A size S shirt from the Olympics. (Ironically - I wear a size M). The funny thing is - he left all the price tags on everything. But I was pleased with the effort, haha.
Birthday/Christmas 3: A TKD shirt (size M) and..."So I didn't know what to get you, but since you live in Manhattan, you should watch this, it's really funny...I hope you like it"
Yep. He got Seinfeld...seasons 1&2. But...he did remember to take the price tags off. I was greatly amused...though I did laugh when I saw it because of the irony that he'd inadvertantly gotten me the same gift twice.
No comments:
Post a Comment