So our small group 'assignment' is to email our 'huddle groups' about a blessing we received this week, or an encouragement.
I wasn't even there for the study on Phil. 2 with the 'do not complain' passage, but we were talking about it last week and realized...we spend most of our time complaining. I know I do....So today, I've tried to consciously recognize blessings around me. It's funny how it takes such a conscious effort, but when you open your eyes there's actually a lot to be thankful for.
1) I WEEN! (Maybe soon?) After about a month of agonizing job-searching and decision-making and prioritizing (and turning down what seemed to be perfectly good offers)...I think I've gotten the green light on this one. It's been rather stressful, but I sense that it could be coming to a close! Praise God for opening and shutting doors...funny how you can be so easily swayed into wanting to believe that a certain path is 'right' for you when it may not be...perhaps that is why God slams doors shut. For those of us who need such an extreme sign. But hopefully this will pan out for the best =)
2) My Jewish family feeds me. Ever since I lived with them for 2 weeks in the summer while in between apartments, Mama Sue has adopted this theory that they have to feed me home cooked meals in preparation for a big tournament. (Not such a kooky theory - it's healthy and keeps my weight down). Scottie's babysitter is an AWESOME cook for all things non-Korean, and apparently I'm on the meal plan from now until the tournament. This is such an extravagent blessing because not only do I not have to worry about my last meal of the day, they often bring it to me to the dojang in Tupperware on the nights that I can't actually go over for dinner. Being part of a family (even if you're the adopted Korean) has its ups and downs, but one thing is for sure - they make sure that I'm loved and cared for in the little things, and I can't be thankful enough for that.
3) New students. I picked up a new SAT student and a potential new TKD student. Not sure how to juggle this time-wise, but yay for demand! (I really hope they don't come with neurotic parents...)
No comments:
Post a Comment