On Valentine's Day:
A piece of advice from the one who thinks he is my social guru...
"Hey buddy, you're not allowed to prematurely write off anyone...he's Korean, he's coordinated, he has a personality, he's not psycho, and he BREATHES. In your book, that's ELIGIBLE."
I guess that means the last few people I've apparently written off were uncoordinated, without personality, and psycho. Which I think are perfectly acceptable reasons to rebuff extraneous attention, no? Actually, the uncoordinated I could learn to live with...but the psycho was...psycho.
Thanks to the TGIF bros (bummer I'll still be in Dallas on Saturday!) and crhim for making V-day something other than the hallmark holiday. I was blessed by thoughtfulness.
Jesus loves me! (And you!)
* * * * *
On my last day at work:
Goodbyes are always so hard. Even if it's only been a short time, and if you know it's the right thing to do. It's funny how many memories you can amass after only a year and a half.
Yesterday I was saying goodbye to the coworker I was closest to, because he had to go to the field today. He drove me to Waldbaum's so I could get thank you cards and joke gifts for everyone in our group. (Which were successful, yay!)
It could've been out of a really dysfunctional cheesy movie:
A: "I'm gonna be your scarecrow...because you're gonna miss me the most".
me: "That's probably true. It was great being married to you. I hope you find someone new to throw things at."
And by married I mean having someone to go to lunch with and bicker with...and how he couldn't buy running shoes without my approval...and of course, someone to throw things and shoot rubber bands at.
Gosh I'm going to miss this office...
No comments:
Post a Comment