There are certain phrases that people say to you that put you on guard. Like "I have some good news" is typically followed with "and some bad news". I don't see how anyone can possibly use the phrase "don't get worked up yet, but..." and then expect you not to get worked up. It's about as pointless as someone telling you "I have a secret...but I can't tell you".
That being said, I'm not sure if I'm impressed that he tried to hide it from me and prevent worrying until I found out, myself, or whether I'm annoyed that he didn't just tell me up front, off the bat. Either way I guess it's moot because I'm worked up now...but it's always nice to know what people's intentions are, I suppose.
Day 1 of Hardcore Discipline was somewhat of a success - after oversleeping and not getting to the gym in the am, I dragged myself there before TKD and forced myself to lift and do some cardio. I don't understand how normal people use the gym as their main form of exercise. It's so painfully not fun. If it wasn't for the tv's, I think I would have given up a lot sooner...this combined with sparring practice (darn intermediate class that's turning into a beginner/intermed class, mmph) meant walking up stairs this morning was not pretty. Confirmation that I must live in a building with an elevator.
Hot & Spicy Cheez-Its are my downfall. They took my two favorite junky things (Cheez-Its and Tabasco) and put them together. Genius.
No comments:
Post a Comment