Regionals - so freaking STRESSFUL. I can't say how much I dislike having to coach when I have to compete. This is the second time they've done this to me - not having come and leaving me without a coach and then telling me that I have to be responsible for the team. I guess I don't mind a whole lot, but it really stinks to be that tired and it added a whole lot of unnecessary stress. Some people can make any group dynamic supremely stressful...gotta love 'em, but...just STRESSFUL.
The upside is I won so that's a big relief. The bet didn't work out because they changed the rounds from 3 rounds of 2 min to 3 rounds of 1 min. ONE MINUTE??? What can you do in one minute? Apparently, not much. There was no way I was going to score 20 points in 3 minutes, especially after not having warmed up at all (unless you count running from ring to ring coaching).
Things that made me happy this weekend:
-I got to see the Boston crew! Though I didn't really get a chance to hang out with them.
-Frankie fought so hard - even though she lost, she really made the girl earn that win
-Medical rocks!
-Jr actually called me from London on Sat for my pep talk. Even though he happened to call RIGHT when Scott was about to fight. But I didn't think he was going to do it...it was cool he remembered. Yeah, maybe he really is nice...well...maybe.
-Sr's reaction when he called on Sun for the results:
"What was the score?"
"Well, they changed the length of the rounds"
"So what was the score?"
"4-2"
"WHAT??? 4-2? Oh my God! FOUR...to...TWO??? What happened?!?!"
"You didn't come, THAT's what happened!!"
HAHAHA...I think that was my favorite part of the entire weekend - getting to yell at him for yelling at me. Heh =)
No comments:
Post a Comment